EU Blue Card

You can apply for an EU Blue Card if you have a recognised degree from a foreign university: you will receive a temporary residence permit for a maximum of four years. Degrees from foreign universities must be recognised. 

Other conditions: 

  • Presentation of an employment contract or a binding job offer in accordance with your qualifications.
  • Proof of a minimum annual gross salary of € 53.600 (exception: a lower salary limit of € 41.808 is taken as a basis when issuing a Blue Card to professionals, such as scientists, mathematicians and engineers as well as doctors and IT specialists.
    Version: 2019).


If you have been in skilled employment for over 33 months as EU Blue Card holder and have basic knowledge of German, you can apply for a settlement permit. This period is reduced to 21 months if you have adequate knowledge of German. 
Please arrange an appointment.

Immigration Law and Citizenship Law

Ausländer- und Staatsangehörigkeitsrecht

Eberhardstraße 39
70173 Stuttgart

Postal address

Landeshauptstadt Stuttgart
Amt für öffentliche Ordnung, Ausländer- und Staatsangehörigkeitsrecht
70161 Stuttgart

Contact us

+49 711 216-91857
+49 711 216-91856
+49 711 216-98103

Öffnungszeiten - Grundsätzlich nur mit Terminvereinbarung

Mo, Di, Mi 08:30 - 13:00
Do 13:00 - 18:00
Fr 08:30 - 12:00

Telefonische Erreichbarkeit

Mo, Di, Mi 14:00 - 15:30
Do 09:00 - 12:00

Your way to us