Temporary Residence with a Residence Permit for a Course of Studies / Language Course / Attending School
Initial granting of a residence permit (people arriving for the first time)
The following additional requirements are necessary in addition to the general conditions for granting a permit :
- You can provide for yourself (e.g. for students currently 861€/months in 2021) and have health insurance cover in Germany.
- You meet the conditions for access to the desired educational institution.
The following documents must be submitted to ensure the fast and smooth processing of your application:
- Completed application form (for residents of Stuttgart!)
Valid entry visa for studying, attending school or a language course with a subsequent course of studies
Note: additional proof that you can provide for yourself when entering without a visa (e.g. grant, letter of commitment, savings book)
- Valid national passport
- Proof of admission to your course of studies ("conditional approval") or intensive German language course of school
- Proof of health insurance cover
- 1 biometric passport photo
Further requirements may have to be fulfilled in addition to the above-mentioned points.
The final processing of your application will only be considered if all documents are submitted in full.
Further information from the City of Stuttgart (German only)