The following documents must be submitted to ensure the fast and smooth processing of your application:
- Valid national passport and residence permit
- Application form
- 1 biometric passport photo
- Declaration regarding your marital relationship / civil partnership or community for mutual support and care (if applicable, proof that you are involved in a community for mutual support and care)
- Declaration regarding previous convictions / social security benefits
- Proof that you can provide for yourself (employment contract, certificate of employment and statement of earnings, at least the last 3 wage / salary slips)
- Proof of where you live and a rental agreement
- If applicable, proof of the permit required to engage in employment (e.g. lawyers, notaries, etc.)
Further requirements may have to be fulfilled in addition to the above-mentioned points. The final processing of your application will only be considered if all documents are submitted in full.
ATTENTION! A residence permit will expire if
the foreigner leaves the country for a reason that is by its very nature not temporary,
the foreigner leaves the country and does not return within six months or within the period defined by the Foreigners' Registration Office.
Exceptions to this are possible. Therefore, please always contact your Foreigners' Registration Office in good time in specific individual cases.
§§ 9, 28 Para. 2 German Residence Act (AufenthG)
§§ 44, 50 German Immigration Law (AufenthV)