The following documents must be submitted to ensure the fast and smooth processing of your application:
- Valid national passport and residence permit
- Application form
- 1 biometric passport photo
- Declaration regarding previous convictions / social security benefits
- Proof of adequate knowledge of the German language as well as knowledge of the legal and social order (certificate from an integration course)
- Proof that you can provide for yourself (last tax assessment, profit and loss account, recent confirmation from your tax adviser of your net income for the last six months)
- Proof of where you live and a rental agreement
- Proof of contributions made over a 60-month period into the statutory pension scheme or another pension scheme
- If applicable, proof of the permit required to engage in employment (e.g. lawyers, notaries, etc.)
- For people over the age of 45: Proof of appropriate pension provision
*Holders of a residence permit or residence entitlement prior to 01.01.2005 only need to have a basic knowledge of the German language. Proof of basic knowledge of the legal and social order as well as contributions into the statutory pension scheme are not required
Further requirements may have to be fulfilled in addition to the above-mentioned points. The final processing of your application will only be considered if all documents are submitted in full.
ATTENTION! A residence permit will expire if
the foreigner leaves the country for a reason that is by its very nature not temporary,
the foreigner leaves the country and does not return within six months or within the period defined by the Foreigners' Registration Office.
Exceptions to this are possible. Therefore, please always contact your Foreigners' Registration Office in good time in specific individual cases.
§§ 9 German Residence Act (AufenthG)
§§ 44 German Immigration Law (AufenthV)