The following documents must be submitted to ensure the fast and smooth processing of your application:
- Valid national passport and residence permit
- Application form
- 1 biometric passport photo
- Proof that you can provide for yourself (employment contract, certificate of employment and statement of earnings, at least the last 3 wage / salary slips)
- Proof of where you live and a rental agreement
- If applicable, proof of the permit required to engage in employment (e.g. lawyers, notaries, etc.)
- Proof of basic knowledge of the legal and social order*
- Proof of adequate knowledge of the German language (language level B1)*
- Proof of compulsory or voluntary contributions made over a 60-month period into the statutory pension scheme or a similar pension scheme, *
- Declaration regarding previous convictions / social security benefits
*Holders of a residence permit or residence entitlement prior to 01.01.2005 only need to have a basic knowledge of the German language. Proof of basic knowledge of the legal and social order as well as contributions into the statutory pension scheme are not required.
Further requirements may have to be fulfilled in addition to the above-mentioned points. The final processing of your application will only be considered if all documents are submitted in full.
ATTENTION! An permit for the right to permanent residence in the EC will expire above all if
the foreigner stays outside of the territory in which they may have acquired long-term resident status for a period of 12 consecutive months,
the foreigner stays outside of the Federal Republic for a period of six years.
Exceptions to this are possible. Therefore, please always contact your Foreigners' Registration Office in good time in specific individual cases.
§§ 9a, 9b, 9c, 9 German Residence Act (AufenthG)
§§ 44a German Immigration Law (AufenthV)